I have decided to document my experience here at Brigham Young University through this little blog. Think of it as a journal complete with pictures and random thoughts that have gone through my mind.
I guess I should start from the beginning. It all started when I was accepted to BYU (my dream school!) midway through my senior year of high school. What a relief that was! If I hadn't been accepted here, I would have ended up at Utah State. I applied to a total of three schools, banking on my acceptance to BYU. Probably not the wisest idea... but hey, I really wanted to go to the Y! All of my friends from Pennsylvania who applied here also got in, which was super duper exciting! Go Mormons!
Anyways, once I knew I was a Cougar (our mascot), it was kind of hard to find motivation in my studies in High School. What was the point of studying hard when I already got accepted to my University? I'm goin' to college!!! Pretty lame right? I guess I was just loving the High School life. Owning the school...playing all day...ripstiking through the hallways...etc. One day however, I had an epiphany. Grades weren't that important, I was just in school for fun. Learning new stuff everyday just for the heck of it. Alright that sounds stupid now, but it made sense to me at the time. And it gave me a better attitude about school for about two weeks. And then the weather turned into summer, and all those motivations went out the window with my winter clothes.
Skip ahead a few months, the station wagon is loaded to the ground with 50 pound space bags, and all my college essentials. Dad and I pulled out of 285 Leawood Lane on the morning of August 16th. We arrived in Utah Valley on Thursday, August 19th. Lets just say that I got over my 2 hour driving limit, experienced the ups and downs of Super 8 motels, got some serious Harry Potter books-on-tape-time in, and had some pretty awesome adventures with Rog.
This first post made me nostalgic. I love you! I know you're having an awesome time.
ReplyDelete