


Here at BYU, we take school spirit very seriously.
WE ARE.... wait a second... Apparently, this year BYU has decided to start using the phrase "we are byu" as a way to unify our school spirit. Coming from the home of the Nittany Lions, this left me in a confused and torn state. I grew up saying "we are...Penn State!" It took me a while, but I have figured out a way to show my loyalty to my hometown as well as to my new school. I relish in the bragging rights Penn State's huge campus and Beaver Stadium's 107,000 seating capacity gives me, and proudly display my PSU stickers and magnets on the station wagon. And of course, I show my school pride at all the sporting events I go to by wearing one of the seven free tshirts I got through New Student Orientation!
Fun Facts:
PSU is in Happy Valley, so is BYU
PSU is the #1 Party School in the US, BYU is the #1 stone-cold sober school in the US
PSU's mascot is the Nittany Lion (mountain lion), BYU's is a cougar
PSU's colors are blue and white...I think you can see where this is going!
No comments:
Post a Comment